- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup spice rub
- 1 can (12 oz.) beer
- Rub oil all over chicken. Sprinkle half the spice rub in cavity, the rest over bird.
- Drink half of beer.
- Lower chicken cavity onto beer can (if using roaster, empty beer into cone; fit chicken cavity over top of cone).
- Heat gas grill to medium, or burn coals till covered with ash.
- Place chicken on grill and cover. Cook till thermometer reads 170 degrees F in breast, 180 in thigh.
- Remove from heat. Let rest 10 minutes before lifting it off can. Dig in!
If you need a great beer can chicken roaster, you can find them for $30 at Williams Sonoma