- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimiento
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 10 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- assorted crackers
Let swiss and cheddar cheeses come to room temperature.
In a large bowl beat together cream cheese and sour cream till fluffy.
Beat in swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, undrained pimiento, pickle relish, half of the bacon, 1/4 cup of the pecans, salt and pepper.
Cover and chill till firm.
Shape into 1 large or 2 small balls on wax paper.
In a small bowl combine remaining bacon, pecans, parsley, and poppy seeds.
Turn mixture out onto clean clean sheet of waxed paper.
Roll cheese balls in seed mixture to coat.
Wrap and chill.
Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Serve with crackers.