- 1 tablespoon soft reduced calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 1/2 pound Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, cooked, well drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash of pepper
- Melt margarine in a medium sized saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook on low heat until the Velveeta is melted and soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4 servings.
Substitutions: You can use frozen chopped broccoli instead of spinach.
Source: The Soup Bible