- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons lobster base
- 3 1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup cooking sherry
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can baby shrimp
- 2 (8 ounce) packages imitation crabmeat , flake style
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas, old mission restaurant style
Melt the butter in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper. Stir in 2 tablespoons lobster base and cook for an additional minute. Add milk & wine. Add 2 oz. of the cheese. Continue to cook until thickened.
Lightly chop the flaked imitation crab. Combine with shrimp in a medium size bowl. Add 1.5 cups of cold sauce and mix well.
Lay out the tortillas on a flat surface and place 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of the crab mix across the center of each tortilla. Place flap of the tortilla over the crab mix and roll.
Place flap side down onto a plate or in your baking dish. Ladle warm sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining monterey jack cheese.
Put into a preheated 425 degree convection oven for 12-14 minutes. In a conventional oven you may want to microwave on high for a minute or 2 before placing in the oven. Watch and do not allow to burn(brown spots).
Sprinkle with paprika.