- 1/2 cup cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Mix ingredients together, except oil, in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Slowly pour oil into the food processor with the motor running until it forms a smooth paste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Makes about 2 cups.
- You can store this rub for several days to a couple of weeks in the refrigerator.
- This is good on fish, beef, pork or chicken.
- Brush on fish about 1/2 hour before cooking. Other meats can be rubbed with the mixture and refrigerated for up to 8 hours.