- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients and store in airtight container.
- When ready to use, add 1/2 cup of your spice rub to the can and give it a quick stir.
- Take the other half of your spice rub and apply it to the chicken. Don't worry too much about getting it on the skin. Skin won't let flavour reach the meat, so try to work your spice rub in under the skin as much as possible. Get it inside the chicken as well. Just because you put rub in the beer doesn't mean that it will season the inside too much. The spice in the can adds flavour but not like direct contact.