- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 teaspoon to 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 hot green chilli, finely chopped and seeded (or use dried red pepper flakes)
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 3/4 to 1 lb crab meat, shredded
- 2 tb chopped fresh coriander leaves, if possible
- 2 tb finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tb to 8 tb crab liquid or clam broth
- 2 c bread crumbs
- 8 clam shells
- Melt butter in skillet; add scallions, garlic and chilli peppers and cook until scallions are wilted. Add curry powder to this mixture and blend thoroughly. Add crab, coriander and parsley.
- Add salt, pepper and crab liquid (if more is needed, add melted butter). Blend in bread crumbs.
- Fill the mixture in 8 clam shells and bake at 400 degrees F about 10 minutes or until browned.
Serves 8 as an appetizer or 3 to 4 as a main course.