- 12 large shrimp *
- 2 teaspoons sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash bottled hot pepper sauce
- 5 1/2 oz canned crab meat **
- 2 teaspoons fine dry bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges
* Shrimp may either be fresh or frozen.
** Crab meat should be drained, flaked, and cartilage removed.
- Thaw large shrimp, if frozen. To shell fresh or thawed shrimp, open each shell lengthwise down the body. Hold the shrimp in one hand and carefully peel back the shell starting with the head end. Gently pull on the tail portion of the shell to remove the entire shell. Butterfly shrimp by cutting down the back almost but not all the way through; remove vein. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Set aside.
- In a small non-metal bowl, microwave sliced green onion and the butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or till the green onion is tender. Stir in lemon juice and bottled hot pepper sauce. Toss with the flaked crab meat and fine dry bread crumbs. Spread shrimp open. Place, cut side up, in two 10-ounce oval casseroles. Cover with vented clear plastic wrap. Microwave, covered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 minutes, rotating the casseroles a half-turn once. Drain off liquid and rearrange shrimp, placing the least-cooked portions to the outside of the casseroles.
- Spoon crab mixture over shrimp. Microwave, covered, on 100% power about 2 1/2 minutes or till shrimp are done and crab mixture is heated through, rotating the casseroles a half-turn once. Serve with lemon wedges.