- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese -- softened
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 8 ounces of taco sauce or salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 15 ounces of refried beans
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato -- diced
- 1/4 cup of ripe olives -- chopped
- 1/4 cup of canned green chilies -- chopped
- tortilla chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in taco sauce and cumin; set aside. Spread the refried beans over the bottom of a serving platter or
- 13x9x2″ dish. Spread cream cheese mixture over the beans, leaving about 1″ uncovered around the edges. Top with layers of lettuce, cheese, tomato, olives and chilies. Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: 16-20 servings.